MENU
      component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01

      Dog helps rescue deaf teen from Indianapolis house fire

      A pit bull is being called a hero for saving a deaf and sleeping teen from a raging house fire. On Wednesday afternoon 13-year-old Nick Lamb, who is legally deaf, was sleeping without his cochlear implants inside his Indianapolis home. When the house began to burn, the 2 and a half year old dog Ace woke Nick up. Nick sat up and immediately smelled smoke. He and Ace, in a second-floor bedroom, were able to safely escape. Investigators think the fire may have started in the garage and estimate the damage at $175,000. Victims assistance is helping the family find shelter. The family did have insurance.

      Read More at: http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/pit-bull-called-hero-waking-teen-during-fire-29985.shtml?wap=0#.U8gvYrEvnasA pit bull is being called a hero for saving a deaf and sleeping teen from a raging house fire. On Wednesday afternoon 13-year-old Nick Lamb, who is legally deaf, was sleeping without his cochlear implants inside his Indianapolis home. When the house began to burn, the 2 and a half year old dog Ace woke Nick up. Nick sat up and immediately smelled smoke. He and Ace, in a second-floor bedroom, were able to safely escape. Investigators think the fire may have started in the garage and estimate the damage at $175,000. Victims assistance is helping the family find shelter. The family did have insurance.

      Read More at: http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/pit-bull-called-hero-waking-teen-during-fire-29985.shtml?wap=0#.U8gvYrEvnasA pit bull is being called a hero for saving a deaf and sleeping teen from a raging house fire. On Wednesday afternoon 13-year-old Nick Lamb, who is legally deaf, was sleeping without his cochlear implants inside his Indianapolis home. When the house began to burn, the 2 and a half year old dog Ace woke Nick up. Nick sat up and immediately smelled smoke. He and Ace, in a second-floor bedroom, were able to safely escape. Investigators think the fire may have started in the garage and estimate the damage at $175,000. Victims assistance is helping the family find shelter. The family did have insurance.

      Read More at: http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/pit-bull-called-hero-waking-teen-during-fire-29985.shtml?wap=0#.U8gvYrEvnasA pit bull is being called a hero for saving a deaf and sleeping teen from a raging house fire. On Wednesday afternoon 13-year-old Nick Lamb, who is legally deaf, was sleeping without his cochlear implants inside his Indianapolis home. When the house began to burn, the 2 and a half year old dog Ace woke Nick up. Nick sat up and immediately smelled smoke. He and Ace, in a second-floor bedroom, were able to safely escape. Investigators think the fire may have started in the garage and estimate the damage at $175,000. Victims assistance is helping the family find shelter. The family did have insurance.

      Read More at: http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/pit-bull-called-hero-waking-teen-during-fire-29985.shtml?wap=0#.U8gvYrEvnasA pit bull is being called a hero for saving a deaf and sleeping teen from a raging house fire. On Wednesday afternoon 13-year-old Nick Lamb, who is legally deaf, was sleeping without his cochlear implants inside his Indianapolis home. When the house began to burn, the 2 and a half year old dog Ace woke Nick up. Nick sat up and immediately smelled smoke. He and Ace, in a second-floor bedroom, were able to safely escape. Investigators think the fire may have started in the garage and estimate the damage at $175,000. Victims assistance is helping the family find shelter. The family did have insurance.

      Read More at: http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/pit-bull-called-hero-waking-teen-during-fire-29985.shtml?wap=0#.U8gvYrEvnas

      INDIANAPOLIS (WBFF) -- A pit bull is being called a hero for saving a deaf and sleeping teen from a raging house fire.

      On Wednesday afternoon, 13-year-old Nick Lamb, who is legally deaf, was sleeping without his cochlear implants inside his Indianapolis home. When the house began to burn, the 2 and a half year old dog Ace woke Nick up. Nick sat up and immediately smelled smoke.

      He and Ace, in a second-floor bedroom, were able to safely escape. Investigators think the fire may have started in the garage and estimate the damage at $175,000. Victims assistance is helping the family find shelter. The family did have insurance.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER