BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) -- Biffton Parks has a keen eye
As the Boise resident was preparing to cook a bag and a half of Ore-Ida frozen hashbrowns he discovered four plastic strips in the spuds.
"What bothers me the most is the safety hazard as far as choking," said Parks. "I don't know what would happen if you cooked this stuff up."
He called and alerted Ore-Ida.
"It was kind of a non-chalant response," he said.
He says they offered to refund his purchases and include some coupons.
"But I'm just more concerned about the safety issue," he said. Parks thinks they should recall all the bags with the same production codes."
We called Ore-Ida too. But a company official said it was an issue between Ore-Ida and the individual consumer and declined comment.
So we got a bag from the same store, dumped out a mound of hash browns sifted through it to see if we could find any plastic. We didn't find any.
Parks contacted the FDA.
So did we and a spokeswoman said all complaints are processed but she declined to say what action might be taken in this specific case.
Biffton Parks says he's a loyal Ore-Ida customer but now his confidence in the brand is shaken.