House fire displaces 10 in north-central Idaho
LAPWAI, Idaho (AP) - Fire officials say no one was injured in a fire that destroyed a home in north-central Idaho, but 10 residents were displaced by the blaze.
The Lewiston Tribune reports the fire was reported Thursday morning by Nez Perce Tribal Police Chief Dave Rogers. He noticed the plume of smoke rising from the home in Lapwai as he drove to work.
The members of two families who lived in the home were at work and school, so no one was injured. But the home was a total loss.
Melvin Rickman, who lived at the home, helped firefighters spray water on the flames. He said he thinks a heat lamp outside the home may have started the fire. Rickman said he wasn't sure if the home was insured.
Information from: Lewiston Tribune